Gas grills are a very handy tool for you to serve delicious grilled food with friends and family. Nonetheless, on the contrary to common thoughts, such wonderful devices are very cost-effective.
Actually, there are a vast number of awesome products that even do not cost more than $200. Of course, it is quite a challenge to find out the best of them from hundreds of products out there.
To help you figure out the right one for yourself, we have compiled and reviewed the best gas grills under $200 in this article. To know what they are, keep reading!
>>Read more: Top 5 the best gas grill under $500
The perfect gas grill with ergonomic design, durable and easy to clean coating, and two separately adjustable burner ignition button. Nothing to complain about it
An incredible-performance and compact gas grill that can serve your little family well at a modest price. It is the most cost-effective grilling device ever.
- 5 Best Gas Grills Under 200 Dollars: Quick Comparison
- What to Look for When Buying a Gas Grill under $200
5 Best Gas Grills Under 200 Dollars: Quick Comparison
Before we go into detail, let us introduce to you the most general information about our today best picks.
|Giantex Propane Tabletop||Safe, easy to use and clean, high-performance and portable||20,000 BTU|
|Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet||Cheap and compact||5,500 BTU|
|Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable||Very durable and come with a case||n/a|
|Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid||Simple and convenient to use||5,500 BTU|
|Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner||Long-lasting and have large grilling surface area||30,000 BTU|
1. Giantex Tabletop 20000 BTU
- Stainless steel tabletop grill specific for the BBQ-grillers is durable and easy-to-clean
- Two independently adjustable push-and-turn ignition burners for separate launch in seconds
- Huge capacity up to 20,000 BTUs and quickly heating
- Foldable legs and lockable lid designed for convenient storage as well as mobile transport
- Simple assembly
This product not only takes pride in complying with CSA standard on safety but also is very easy to use. It is lightweight and comes with a locking hood so that you can bring it with you anywhere and put it in the warehouse after use.
Although you need to assemble the model, the setup process is a breeze within one minute. On top of that, the 430-stainless steel surfaces deliver optimal durability and cleaning convenience.
Two separate adjustable burners provide 20,000 BTUs in total for faster cooking. And thanks to the built-in thermometer, users can see how hot the food is being cooked, too.
You can entirely rely on this Giantax Propane Tabletop Gas Grill when you go camping, picnicking, organize outdoor barbecue parties, and many other activities.
Despite its rather high price, it is perfect in all aspects, so we vote it as the best pick!
- CSA safety standard certificate
- Convenient storage and transportation
- Durable stainless steel burner
- Quick and easy to use
2. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Tabletop
- Lightweight 13.5-pound gas grill with two foldable aluminium legs and briefcase-style carrying handle for superb mobility
- 145 square inches grilling area to cook 8 steaks, 8 burgers, 4 pounds of fish, or 6 to 10 chicken breasts at the same time
- Porcelain-enamelled grate in combination with 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner for even and powerful heating distribution
- The built-in lid lock secures the lid
This ergonomic grill can bring about great performance, just like a full-sized one. Besides, the aluminium and stainless-steel composition make it very firm and long-lasting.
Thanks to its modest size, you can cook in limited space such as on small decks or boats. Since this design also aids in keeping the heat source close to the cooking surface, the device is fuel-efficient than bigger grills. Actually, it can not only heat up but also cool down in minutes.
Additionally, you can clean it without effort by putting the removable grate in your dishwasher.
With the weight under 14 pounds, foldable legs and a convenient carrying handle, this cooking equipment is perfect for people who have little cooking space in their houses or want to cook on their trips.
Finally, you can possess this fantastic gas grill at approx $100, which makes it the best budget-friendly pick for everybody!
- Ergonomic design
- Secured lid
- Easy to assemble and use
- High performance
- Extremely cheap
- Small drip pan
- Exclude thermometer
3. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill + Case
- Designed to be transportable
- Firebox and lid are made from cast aluminium while dual latches, grilling grate and thermometer are made from stainless steel
- The high-impact frame features carry handles and legs
- The TRU-Infrared cooking system creates no flare-up flame
- 200 square inch grilling surface area for up to 10 burgers or 10 steaks grilled simultaneously
- Comfortable and grippy carrying handle
- External pockets and loops for other items storage such as accessories
- Easy to close with buckles
There are a lot of things to like about this portable gas grill bundle, especially its design. Its material is mostly cast aluminium including the lockable lids in place, firm legs and handles.
Both the grill and the case of this set are very durable and convenient. With a wider grilling surface area, you can cook multiple burgers and steaks quickly at the same time.
Although you will never fear a fire blow up, the infrared technology is too strong and cannot produce heat lower than 450 degrees Celcius. As a result, if you do not pay enough attention, your dish might be burnt up very fast, especially greasy food. It is also reported to have gas leakage and require frequent maintenance.
In this case, we only recommend this product for people who have much time to tackle the cleaning, maintenance, as well as manage their grilling. Besides, this bundle is also appropriate for you to bring on campings and other trips.
- Lightweight and solid construction
- Generate high temperature very fast
- No flare-up flame
- High performance
- Wide grilling surface area
- The minimum heat is still too hot
- There may be gas leakage
4. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Grill
- A stainless steel burner creates 8500 BTU/h
- 189 square-inch cooking surface area
- Grilling grates are made of cast-iron and enamelled with porcelain
- Cast-aluminium lid and body
- Already assembly
- Convenient push-button to ignite and control burner valve settings without limit
This unique Weber grill has a powerful 8,500-BTU burner to heat 189 square inches of porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates. Consequently, you can always expect to have eye-catchy brown grilled meat.
Meanwhile, glass-reinforced nylon frame and the cast aluminium lid deliver weight reduction for portability. Plus, the removable catch pan and split grates are also very easy to clean after you finish grilling.
As the default grates are also replaceable with griddle plates, you can make pancakes or bacon on the equipment.
When the package reaches your address, you just need to add propane, put the food on, and grill. No hassle related to the assembly process here!
However, you may need to spend around 10 minutes to preheat the grill at high temperature. Whatsoever, it is still an excellent choice for those who are not good at complicated setups and love simple products.
- No assembly required
- High-quality materials
- Unique design
- Users must spend 10 -15 minutes preheating the burner at high temperatures before use
5. Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Gas Grill
- Ultra-broad 360 square inches of porcelain-coated grates for cooking numerous food at the same time
- 170 square inches porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack warms the grill effectively
- Three high-performance stainless steel burners allow users to cook more food at the same time
- The lid and firebox are made from porcelain-coated steel so they can endure the weather and other external impacts
- Metal side shelves add more preparation and storage space
This is a considerable bargain for our readers.
Apart from its elegant yet sturdy structure in stainless steel, this Char-Broil grill offers awesome porcelain-coated grates and burners that is rust-resistant and easy to clean.
The primary surface supplies a massive area for many dishes to be cooked simultaneously. In addition, the swing-away rack can remain food warmth or serve as a sub grilling surface while you can prepare food or place your cooking utensils on the two metallic side shelves conveniently.
One more point for this cooking instrument is a free side burner for extra cooking capacity. You can choose to get it or not when you place the order.
In spite of its medium weight and additional wheels, it is quite a big grill. Thus, you may not like to bring it with you when you are away, especially inappropriate for those whose house and car are small
- Nice design and premier build
- Large cooking surface area
- Good flame control
- Straightforward setup
- Exclude cover and thermometer
- Side shelves are not foldable
- Rather bulky
What to Look for When Buying a Gas Grill under $200
We all know that under $200 is a very tight price range that restricts us remarkably. However, among the numerous products that may look alike, you should have some criteria to assess them. And, here are what we should expect in a good gas grill cheaper than $200:
The fuel that it runs on
As you are looking for cost-effective products, you will not want to have a high operation cost. Therefore, the ideal gas grill should be able to run on natural gas since natural gas is more convenient yet cheaper than propane.
Although a propane model cannot run on natural gas and vice versa, you can purchase an extra natural gas conversion kit that costs from $50 to $100 to use both of them.
However, this factor can also depend on your budget and accessibility to each type of fuel. Therefore, we just give you the advice, but you can select the most suitable choice in your own situation.
Anyway, you do not want your grill to be rust or easily broken, especially if your area has harsh weather.
Even with less than $200, we should expect stainless steel material in this cooking equipment. Nonetheless, you had better check and ensure that both the body and the frame of the grill are made of stainless steel instead of cheap materials.
The right size
In this low-price segment, moderate-size grills are quite available. Depending on the number of people and dishes you need to serve, you should choose a grill that has enough cooking surface area.
At the same time, you might want to store it after use, so consider your storage space and the product’s size, too. And if you want to bring it with you on your trips, search for portable models.
Additional side burners are great for those who want to cook side food in a pot or pan while they are doing the grilling. And if you need to set several items down simultaneously, we recommend products with extra space such as side tables.
Unless you are mechanic-savvy or assembly well, try to avoid products with complicated structure. Moreover, if you do not have much time to clean and maintain your gas grill, you should also pick a model that is easy to clean and does not require frequent maintenance.
This is a very important factor you need to look at before you risk your money. Try to find out the opinion of people who have used the product before. These people may be customers or reviewers who post their reviews on the Internet or even your friends or familiars.
Now that we have explored the top 5 best gas grills under $200, you must have been impressed with their outstanding features at such modest prices, right?
Keep in mind our comprehensive shopping guide and think carefully about the best possible choices, and you will definitely find out the right product. However, if you still have something to ask or talk about, feel free to leave your comment below this post.
Thanks for reading!