Gas grills not only come in giant sizes for a backyard barbeque party, but there are also smaller grills that are extremely portable for carrying around.
And if you are looking for a compact, transportable but still have great grilling power small gas grill, you have come to the right place! We will show you a list of the best small gas grills and some criteria you should consider when choosing a grill for the upcoming trip.
Here is a quick table of the best pick and budget pick gas grill.
>>>Read more: Top Best Gas Charcoal Combo Grill
A compact and portable gas grill can travel with you everywhere. Despite its small size, this grill works as efficient as a full-size and gives you perfect outdoor meals!
An affordable solid gas grill with great grilling power. Comes in two versions, the Stainless Steel Masterbuilt is proved to be the most budget-friendly grill
- Top 5 Best Small Gas Grill: Comparison & Reviews
- How To Choose A Good Small Gas Grill?
Top 5 Best Small Gas Grill: Comparison & Reviews
|Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet||5500 BTU
|Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared||9000 BTU
|Masterbuilt 205 Stainless Steel Gas Grill||10,000 BTU
|Weber 51040001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill||8500 BTU
|Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up||20,000 BTU
1. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop
- Lightweight and portable gas grill with foldaway aluminum legs and upholding feet
- Integrated lid lock and solid suitcase-style holder for secured and easy carry around
- 145 square inches of cooking space with a removable porcelain-coated grate for easy cleaning
- Shorter heat-up time than large grills because of closer distance from the cooking surface to the heat ran by propane gas
The Cuisinart CGG-180T is one of the most highly rated compact and portable grills in the market. This small gas grill only takes a few moments to set up by expanding its secure legs and lifting feet.
The CGG-180T is made of lightweight stainless steel, which makes it indeed transportable compared to other large iron grills. Although its heavy grill grate can add some significant extra weight, it still weighs less than 17 lbs for the whole package!
The compact and briefcase-style carrying handle allow this Cuisinart Grill to fit in any car’s tailgate. It certainly comes in handy for your family trip to the beach, camping, or fishing.
The Cuisinart’s small size also shortens the distance between the heat and cooking surface, which makes it much more economical and efficient than bigger grills.
Unlike other grills of the same size, the Petite Gourmet is genuinely impressive about its durability. With the liquid propane gas fuel, it can heat up as fast as a full-size grill.
Besides, this is a somewhat easy cleaning grill with a removable porcelain-coated grate that you can put into the dishwasher.
With all the features above and its affordable price, The Cuisinart Petit Gourmet deserves to be the best pick gas grill for an outdoor meal!
- Lightweight and fit for all small spaces
- Easy to clean and set up
- Use as both standing or tabletop grill
- Cook evenly like a full-size
- Affordable price and little running cost
- High temperature melts the plastic handles
2. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Infrared Gas Grill
- 200-square-inch grilling space serves for the whole tailgating party
- Stainless steel cooking grate, dual latches, and lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Solid construction with cast aluminum firebox and lid
- 9,500 BTU main tubular burner for extreme heat while grilling
- No flare-up TRU-Infrared heating system for evenly cooked steak
- High-impact frame comes with stable legs, carry handles, and push-button ignition for safety
The Char-Broil 12401734 is made of mostly aluminum, features sturdy construction and stainless steel components. That is why this grill is much reliable for coming along with your family on a camping or hiking.
The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared grilling system offers no flare-ups flame. What does this mean? It means that this grill can produce infrared heat, which is uniformly covered the entire cooking surface to grill meat at the desired temperature.
But this infrared technology has one disadvantage: it is too sturdy! There is hardly a way to reduce the heat for simmer grilling without burning your meal.
Besides, the Char-Broil 12401734’s carry handles and standing feet are heat resistant. This liquid propane gas grill uses disposable energy, which is way convenient when it comes to camping, tailgating, or outdoor barbeque.
To sum up, the Char-Broil 12401734 is the best compact infrared grill you might find for your budget. It is powerful, strong, and transportable, featuring excellent heat distribution and large grilling space just in a pack of a portable liquid propane grill!
- Compact and lightweight
- Solid and secure construction
- Great grilling temperatures
- Hard to control grilling temperatures
3. Masterbuilt 205 Stainless Steel Gas Grill, Tabletop
- 205 square inches of cooking area, more than enough for a family tailgating
- A 10,000 BTU U-shape burner uses 16oz disposable liquid propane gas as fuel for extra power
- Foldable stainless steel legs for storage and improves portability
- Push-button, heat thermometer, warming rack, and stainless steel drip tray for easy outdoor grilling
The Masterbuilt 205 is a solid compact stainless steel grill so that it is perfect for outside activities like hiking, fishing, or even tailgating. Its secure design with lock-up top, foldaway legs, and one carry handle make it a portable and long-lasting gas grill.
This tabletop grill is also powerful and spacious. With just one burner, it can provide up to 10,000 BTUs and prepare the meal for the whole family!
Masterbuilt 205 Stainless Steel Gas Grill can truly bring the comfort from your own garden grill together with you on the trip. The best thing about it is that this grill is really affordable at the cost of less than $100! This is definitely the grill for small-budget beginners!
There is a newer version coming up recently: The Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow PT300B Propane Grill. It has few extra features compared to its predecessor, and its price tag is a little higher.
The new version makes no change from its predecessor except the size. PT300B grill is unnecessarily several inches larger, and it also costs more than the old one
- Easy to assemble
- Portable design with lightweight material
- Somewhat uneven heat distribution
4. Weber 51040001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- 189 square inches of total cooking area with 8500 BTUs stainless steel burner, which can serve 2 to 3 people
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grilling grates and sturdy cast aluminum body
- Pre-assembled before shipping with a built-in heat thermometer
- Electronic ignition for easy starting and control burner system for constant heat distribution
Weber-Stephen Company has a lot of gas grill series, such as the giant Genesis II, the midi Spirit II, and the portable Weber Q Series.
The Weber Q1200 is a liquid propane grill in the portable Weber Q Series. It is made of cast aluminum, which can endure the continuous high grilling heat. That is also why this grill is highly rated for its durability and ease of care.
One extraordinary feature is the shape of the grill box. It allows heat to run in circles inside the box and to surround the meat for more even cooking.
Thanks to its material specification, Weber’s porcelain-coated cast-iron grate is durable, practical heat preservation, and easy to clean. They also leave pleasant sear lines on the grilled meat.
Moreover, the burner tubes are made of only a single piece of steel, which makes them sturdier and more heat-repellent. This burner will provide uniform heat over the entire grilling grate. The grease holding tray can also be easily washed by pulling it out and replace it with a clean tray.
Overall, this Weber 51190001 is a perfect small grill for your family trip, although it is pretty high-priced.
But if you are looking for a more powerful grill, you might want to consider Weber’s 2 burners liquid propane gas grill such as the Weber Spirit II E210. Or even if you want the giant one, Weber Genesis II E210 Gas Grill with up to 4 or 5 burners will probably satisfy you!
- Great temperature control and heat distribution
- Pre-assemble before shipping
- Ergonomic design with strong and durable material
- Pretty pricey
5. Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up
- Powerful 20,000 BTUs circular burner and 285 square inches of cooking area
- Three temperature modifying controllers with an inbuilt thermometer for precise temperature tracking
- Lock-up lid for secure construction with 2 sideboards to keep grilled food
- Foldable legs with 2 wheels allow you to travel everywhere with the suitcase-style gas grill
The Coleman 2000033052 has three separately temperature areas. It means that you can cook three different food in different areas on the grill for better results!
Moreover, this Coleman Grill looks like it is born for traveling. It features foldaway legs with two small wheels so that you can take it anywhere you want.
If you choose a more comprehensive option for the meal, this grill has swappable grill grates that can be exchanged with other griddles or grates. And if you want a smaller barbecue, you could take a look at Coleman Roadtrip LXX Portable Grill, which is also a great suitcase grill.
- Great heating power
- Portable design suits with every trip
- Large cooking area with separate grilling places
- Somewhat expensive
How To Choose A Good Small Gas Grill?
There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to purchasing a good small gas grill. But don’t worry, here we have the most important aspect you should look through while buying a new one.
Small gas grills are usually portable grill that you can take along on your family trip. So portability is the first thing you should care about when choosing a small grill.
A compact and durable gas grill is the best option, while additional features like wheels and foldable legs can give the grill bonus points.
Although you are finding a small grill, it does not mean that you do not need a powerful burner grill.
Higher BTU level grill will save you a lot of time on cooking and also energy-efficient. Time-saving and environmental friendly at the same time!
The square inches of the cooking space varies upon your choices.
If you are hanging out with your friends, you may need a bit larger portable gas grill. But if there is just you and your mate going on a camping, then a small cooking space grill is enough for both.
There are some prestigious grill brands that appear in the industry from long ago, such as Weber, Coleman, or Char-Broil.
These companies all have great reputations and experiences in the making of the best grills for customers. That is why you should buy stuff from a well-known brand since they have spent decades upgrading their products.
Have you chosen the best small gas grill for yourself after reading our reviews and shopping tips?
We hope that the information above will help you pick the most suitable grill for your camping, tailgating trip, or even your backyard party. Remember to consider your criteria and wanted features before getting a new gas grill!
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Thank you for reading!