When you are reading this article, it means that you have a considerable budget on buying a gas grill, right? Is it hard or easy to choose the gas grills under $500? This thing depends on how much you know about your specific demands and product information.
If you are a big fan of different gas grill types without detailed knowledge, it’s straightforward to purchase a bad-quality model at a high price. That is why I write this post to provide you with a buying guide, some related questions, and our recommendations. Although the products on this list are a little expensive, you will get what you pay for. Below are what you are looking for:
>>>Read more: Top 5 the best gas grill under $1000
Weber 49010001 has a large cooking area to serve big-sized meals and a huge space for storing your kitchen utensils. In particular, it comes with the GS4 grilling system for even heat, and extra flavor to the foods.
Char-Griller E3001 is the most budget grill. But, it can heat up 500 degrees within 5 minutes. Moreover, the dual-sides porcelain-coated cast-iron grates help you cook easier.
5 Best Gas Grills Under $500: Reviews & Comparison
|Weber 48070001 Spirit II E-210 NG Mocha||n/a BTU
|Char-Broil 463377319 4-Burner||36,000 BTU
|Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cabinet||36,000 BTU
|Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner||30,000 BTU
|Char-Griller E3001 Grillin' Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill||40,800 BTU
1. Weber 48070001 Spirit II E-210 NG Mocha
- 360 square inches cooking area
- 2 stainless steel burners
- 6 hooks
- 10-year Weber warranty
This compact grill suits small families, who only want to cook small-sized meals.
Although Weber 48070001 just has 360 square inches cooking surface, it is designed 6 hooks designed on 2 side tables. Thus, you can cook your foods quickly and conveniently since 6 hooks allow you to access to your kitchen utensils easier, and arrange your cooking space tidier.
Is this model stable when putting too many things on it?
Yes, it’s very sturdy thanks to the stainless steel material, helping you distribute the heat better for even cooking. Moreover, its cast-iron cooking grates offer required durability and better performances.
Some of you may wonder, can you move this grill place to place? Movability is a piece of cake because this unit is added to 2 extra caster wheels.
It requires you to wait for pretty long to heat up.
- Many color options
- Easy to set up
- Dual instruction
2. Char-Broil 463377319 4-Burner Gas Grill
- 4 stainless steel burners
- One 10.000 BTU side burner
- 425 square inches of cooking space
- Stainless steel heat tents
Char-Broil 463377319 features an excellent performance because its 4 stainless steel burners provide you with 36.000 BTU of heat. Therefore, you can serve huge-sized meals for a whole family with this machine. Besides, there is a side burner with 10.000 BTU, allowing you to cook your side dishes as well.
Of course, this well-performed grill features heat tents placed over the burners, which play a vital role in distributing the heat evenly.
The stainless steel side shelves give you an ample prep space.
The handle of the machine is hot. Although it can’t burn your skin, you feel so uncomfortable to touch.
- Easy to clean removable drip tray
- Simple to understand instruction
- Easy to set up
- It's better if the components are lightly sturdy
3. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cabinet
- 475 square inches cooking area
- Side burner
- Lid-Mounted Thermometer
When buying Char-Broil 475 4-Burner, you have full of accessories: side shelves, classic Char-Broil lid, and Cart with wheels. However, the overall weight is only 104 pounds even it is one of the most lightweight 4-Burner gas grills.
Apart from the 475 square inches cooking space, you have 175 square-inches space on the swing-away rack for expanding the main cooking area. If you don’t want to use this extra space, let’s fold it away into the lid, even it’s okay to detach it.
The model is porcelain-enameled, so dirt can’t be build up on the surface. And the detachable grease pan will help you catch all grease from cooking. Thus, it’s straightforward to clean.
When it comes to assembly, though you only need to attach the Cart and the side shelves before using, this task requires 2 people to lift the Grill. So, assembly is a nightmare for some people.
- Possible to monitor temperature accurately
- Easy to store
- Simple to understand instruction
- Can't heat up past 375
4. Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner
- 10-year guarantee
- 44.5H x 52W x 27D dimensions
- 529 square inches cooking space
- Built-in lid thermometer
- The foldable left side table
Weber 49010001 is the most expensive model on this list, so you can expect the most outstanding features:
The 529 squares inches cooking surface allows you to serve a large family. For example, you can sear steaks on a side and grill an appetizer on another at the same time.
You can store your kitchen tools and equipment in the convenient open-cart to reach them easily and quickly.
You even can improve your cooking skills through the GS4 grilling system. All 4 parts: grease management system, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars, stainless steel burners, and Infinity ignition system work well together. It helps the machine heat evenly, decrease flare-ups, add extra flavor to the foods. In particular, after cooking, it takes less effort on your end to remove the drippings and grease in the drip pan.
As we mention, this product is expensive. Thus, make sure that you have a high requirement when buying the model. If not, it may waste your money.
- Easy to move thanks to 2 big wheels
- Simple assembly
- Not good customer service
5. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin' Pro 40,800-BTU
- 438 square inches cooking area with 40.800 BTU
- 3 burners and one side burner
- Solid additional attachments: warming rack, smoker attachment, and side burner
Don’t let the price fool you. Its price doesn’t show lousy quality. With regular demands, you should consider this grill. What it can bring includes:
In spite of good insulation, it only takes you about 5 minutes to heat up 500 degrees quickly.
Another great feature of Char-Griller E3001 is that porcelain-coated cast-iron grates. They have two sides, so that you can sear on one side and grill in another. When flipping these grates, you have a completely new cooking surface.
Unluckily, with this product, we strongly recommend you cover your foods before grilling because it isn’t made from stainless steel.
- Easy to move
- Available a manual
- Easy to clean
- Pretty hard to control the heat
How To Buying A Gas Grills Under $500
Before going to a shop or visiting a website to buy the gas grill under 500 dollars, make sure to read the following considerations:
How many people do you want to serve with a grill?
For a family of six members, we highly recommend 250 square inches cooking area.
But, you should invest in a grill with 500 square inches cooking area for BBQ events or parties.
This is not a must-have feature, but it’s ideal for warming sauces and making side dishes. Therefore, this consideration should depend on your demands and preference.
You can even choose the number of burners. But, the more burners on the grill are, the more expensive it is. If you have a tight budget, a couple of burners is enough. Of course, there are grills with multiple burners for people having a huge budget.
BTU is the power of a grill. Let’s check this information under the description of each product. Keep in mind this rule:
The more extensive your cooking area is, the more BTU your grill needs to heat up the whole thing.
Do you need to move the grill around your patio or deck much? If yes, your grill should be designed wheels.
Any appliance, including a gas grill, should come with an extended warranty. It is because the manufacturer will refund for any fault.
There are 3 famous brands of gas grills. Let’s learn each of them:
The majority of Char-Broil grills are made from 430 stainless steel type, which will rust over year, especially around the burner.
Meanwhile, Weber grills are made from high-grade stainless steel and porcelain, which can put up with any weather and heavy use. And it’s easy to clean all grease in an aluminum tin under the grill.
Finally, the Char-Griller brand is famous for the most low-priced grills with useful features. If you have a tight budget, you should consider the Char-Griller product on this list.
Which safety precautions do you need to keep in mind when using a gas grill?
- Typically, a break and leak are main causes which lead to gas grill-related fires, according to the report from NFPA:
- Check the cylinder’s hose for leaks every year.
- Apply soap solution or mild water to the pipe. If the gas is escaping, you will see the released bubbles.
- Turn the gas tank and the grill off anytime when you smell or suspect a gas leak. In case the leak stops, you still need to ask for the help of a professional. If it doesn’t stop, call the fire department soon.
- Don’t turn the gas on while you close the lid because the gas will build up inside. This case is hazardous when it is ignited to blow off, causing injuries or burns.
Why should you buy a gas grill?
Here are some reasons:
- A gas grill heats up quickly.
- This model provides you with optimum and uniform heat for a unique smoke flavor.
- You can control the temperature of a gas grill more comfortable and better than a charcoal grill. What’s more, you can adjust the fire up and down based on your desired temperature.
- You can operate a gas grill with less mess.
- It lets you cook on a more ample space with a lot of burners.
- Thanks to its versatility and functionality, you can fry and grill your foods at the same time on a pan.
- The designs of a gas grill usually come with stretched-out side tables, so you can double as countertops, which are used to store your kitchen utensils.
- The majority of gas grills available on the market are designed built-in wheels to improve mobility.
It’s time to make a decision. Please let us know your choice among the gas grills for $500 and the reason why you pick it up. Could it help you bring wonderful moments for your family? Just leave your comment in the section below.
If you find this post informative, don’t forget to share it with other readers.
Thank you for reading the article and have a nice day!